Not far from the castle Mauterndorf there castle Moosham. It is 1,5 hours from Bad Reichenhall, this is the land Salzburg, the address of the castle for the navigator - 13, Moosham, 5585 Unternberg,
Austria Attention! You will have to ride the autobahns so don't forget to buy a vignette.
The castle was built on the site of ancient Roman fortifications, the remains of which were discovered during the reconstruction of the structure in the eighties of the last century. The castle itself was first mentioned in 1191. Currently the castle is in the private ownership, so it is possible to visit it only with an excursion.
The museum working hours
- 1.May to 30. June daily at 10.00, 11.00,13.00,14.00,15.00 and 16.00 Monday is a weekend day, except holidays!
- 1.July to 31.August daily at 10.00,11.00,12.00,13.00,14.00,15.00 and 16.00 without weekend, daily!
- 1.September to 30.September daily at 10.00,11.00,13.00,14.00,15.00 and 16.00 Monday is a weekend day, except holidays!
- 1.October to 30.October daily at 11.00 and 14.00 Monday is a weekend day except holidays!
- 1.November to 15.December the museum is closed, the excursions continue!
- 16.December to 30.April daily at 11.00 and 14.00 Monday is a weekend day except holidays!
The cost of the visit for adults is 11 euros, children 6 euros.
There are theme children excursions. I have not yet found a description of the Museum, but it is mentioned that one of the owners of the castle, Johann Nepomuk Wilcek, has collected the largest private collection of weapons in Austria. I think there is something to see in this Museum! In addition, look at the photos of the castle, they are taken from the Internet, but still it is a great place to walk. Well, for lovers of exotics, I inform you that there are four apartments in the castle where you can stay as guests...